Print preview Close

Showing 14210 results

Archival description
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

1296 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Mandela Gardens, in Calveley Street

It was renovated and its name changed to Millennium Square in 2000. On 30 April 2001 when Mandela received Freedom of the Ciy of Leeds, Mandela re-dedicated the city's Mandela Garden, which first opened in 1983 in support of South Africa's struggle for equality. The garden includes a bronze statue, entitled "both arms" by Kenneth Armitage.

Mandela Village in the city of Nyamata, Eastern Province of Rwanda

This village was established after Nelson Mandela visited Rwanda after the 1994 genocide. He donated funds and also asked well-wishers to contribute to the building of a school, a hair salon and a milling machine so that survivors could restart their lives

Nelson Mandela Bridge in Newtown, Johannesburg

The largest cable-stayed bridge in South Africa (284m). Links the cultural precinct of Newtown with other key areas identified in the inner city renewal project of the City of Johannesburg. The bridge was opened by Nelson Mandela in 2003. It won an award for outstanding civil engineering achievement by the South African Institute of Civil Engineers (SAICE).

Nelson R

Mandela High School in Mount Vernon, 250 Gramatan Avenue
Results 301 to 400 of 14210