ZA UWCRIMA MR-RT-004
International Defence and Aid Fund (IDAF) Papers: Miscellaneous
- 1978 - 1993 (Accumulation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Unknown ; Text-based documents
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Correspondence, minutes of meetings, media strategies, pamphlets, newsletters, statements and news clippings concerning the following:
- Nelson Mandela’s 60th birthday.
- The Nelson Mandela International Reception committee, convened by Archbishop Trevor Huddleston.
- Political imprisonment in South Africa.
- Helen Suzman’s visit to Mandela (1983).
- Legal action by Mandela against the Minister of Prisons (1981).
- Legal work undertaken on behalf of the Mandela family.
- The Rivonia Trial.
- Honours conferred on Mandela.
Correspondents include Ismail Ayob, Helen Suzman, and the law firm Frank, Bernadt and Joffe.
Not available for inspection at time of this audit (c2010).
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Inventory in progress