ZA UWCRIMA MR-RT-085
International Defence and Aid Fund (IDAF) Oral History and Sound Archive
- 1955 - 1995 (Accumulation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Rivonia Trial material is approximately 5 items ; Sound recordings
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Collection of audio recordings, some of which were recorded by the London-based International Defence and Aid Fund (IDAF) for their documentary film productions. Rivonia Trial related material includes:
- Mandela Statement (excerpts): Reading of excerpts from Nelson Mandela's Statement from the Dock at the Rivonia Trail used in the film Isitwalandwe (IDAF, 1980). Open-reel tape only. (MCA5-105).
- Denis Goldberg Interview: Oral history interview with Denis Goldberg conducted by Wolfie Kodesh on 6/8/93. Includes detailed description of Rivonia Trial and experiences in prison over 22 years. 6 tapes and transcript. (MCA6-279).
- Hazel Anne Goldreich Interview: Oral history interview with Hazel Anne Goldreich (owner of farm in Rivonia) conducted by Wolfie Kodesh on 24/8/93. 2 tapes. (MCA6-281).
- Joel Joffe Interview: Oral history interview with Joel Joffe, lawyer for defence in Rivonia Trial, conducted by Wolfie Kodesh on 18/9/93. 2 tapes. (MCA6-292).
- Walter Sisulu Interviews: Three series of interviews with Walter Sisulu conducted by Herbert Shore in September 1995, January 1996 and January 1997. Topics include the Defiance Campaign, Freedom Charter conference, split with the PAC, Rivonia Trial and Robben Island. 26 cassette tapes. (MCA18-098).
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Published inventory available from repository: Guide to the Oral History and Sound Collections: UWC-Robben Island Mayibuye Archives catalogue no 4