ZA COM MR-S-883
Itinerary for President Nelson Mandela for 29 October-6 November 1996
- 1996-10-29 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Transcription of speech made by Mr Mandela
Name of creator
(18 July 1918-5 December 2013)
Migrated from the Nelson Mandela Speeches Database (Sep-2018).
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
South African Government Information Website
Content and structure area
Scope and content
President Mandela's schedule ; More information: Priscilla Naidoo and Parks Mankahlana
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
- Tuesday, 29 October 1996
- 10h00: The President will arrive at Paarl Civic Centre to receive the Freedom of Paarl. He will also visit Victor Verster Prison
- Wednesday, 30 October 1996
- 09h30: The President will meet the Minister of Health from Cuba, Dr C.D. Martinez at Tuynhuys.
- 17h30: The President will entertain his Genadendal Staff at Newlands Hotel.
- Thursday, 31 October 1996
- 08h00: The President will attend a meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Security and Intelligence at Tuynhuys.
- 18h00: The President will address the Cape Town Press Club at the Cape Sun Hotel.
- Friday, 1 November 1996
- 08h00: The President will meet the Executive Committee of the South African National Editors Forum at the Union Buildings.
- 09h00: There will be a presentation of the Special Nobel Prize Stamp by the Post Office at the Union Buildings.
- 10h30: The President will receive the Order of St John. In the afternoon, the President will fly to Qunu, his village home in the former Transkei.
- Saturday, 2 November 1996
- The President will return from Qunu in the afternoon.
- 19h00: The President will have dinner with his former law classmates at the University of the Witwatersrand. The dinner will take place at Senate House, Wits University.
- Sunday, 3 November 1996
- The President will rest at home, Lower Houghton.
- Monday, 4 November 1996
- 17h00: The President will attend the pictorial launch of Long Walk to Freedom at Reiger Park Community Centre.
- Tuesday, 4 November 1996
- Wednesday, 6 November 1996
- The President will attend the Cabinet meeting at Tuynhuys.
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Acquisition method: From website ; Source: South African Government Information Website. Accessioned on 21/12/06 by Helen Joannides